Regardless of the level of the licence, an NSW agent must learn a CPD course once every 12 months so that they can continue to work in the next year. A CPD certificate will be issued on graduation. Assessments only, no exams. Once granted, an agent may apply to NSW Fair Trading for licence renewal. The training topics are about law, sales, property management, marketing, accounting and business operation etc.
6 - 9 hours of training in total, including,
- 3 hours training on elective topics, and,
- 3 hours on compulsory topics.
- Extra 3 hours on business skill topics for Class 1 Agents. (Not in effect until 2021 CPD year, from 23/03/2021-22/03/2022. It means the Class 1 Agent only needs to do 6 hours same training as Class 2 Agent in the 1st CPD year, from 23/03/2020-22/03/2021)
The Elective topics are delivered by Vision Training in the form of recorded video course and or live webinars. The Compulsory topics are delivered by MRT Training RTO41529 in the form of online reading and quiz.
Length of the course
6 hours for a Class 2 Agent and 9 hours for a Class 1 Agent (6 hours in current CPD year). It will then take 1 week to process and issue the CPD certificate. Application to NSW Fair Trading usually takes 1 more week to be processed.
Graduation Certificate to be issued on completion of the CPD course
- Class 2 Agent. CPD certificate, soft copy,
- Class 1 Agent. CPD certificate, soft copy,
Note you will pay a separate fee to the NSW Fair Trading when renewing a Certificate or Licence. For more information, please visit the NSW Fair Trading website.