In NSW, you must become an Assistant Agent before starting to work in a real estate agency. Once you have completed our 1-day Assistant Agent course (plus self study), a Statement of Attainment will be issued by MRT Training RTO41529, with which you may apply to NSW Fair Trading for a Certificate of Registration. You are then called an Assistant Agent. An Assistant Agent can work as a sales agent, property manager or in any position that requires contact with clients. However, an assistant agent may not sign an agreement with a vendor, developer or landlord.
NSW Assistant Agent course consists of 5 units of competency as shown below. A student graduates when all the assessments are completed. No exams. These units of competency are part of the Australian National Accredited Course CPP41419. A Statement of Attainment is received by the student when graduated. The student then applies to NSW Fair Trading for a Certificate of Registration in real estate. Once granted, the student is then called an Assistant Agent.
- CPPREP4001-Prepare for professional practice in real estate
- CPPREP4002-Access and interpret ethical practice in real estate
- CPPREP4003-Access and interpret legislation in real estate
- CPPREP4004-Establish marketing and communication profiles in real estate
- CPPREP4005-Prepare to work with real estate trust accounts
Students will receive a PDF learner's guide and assessments for each unit of competency. Learning may start anywhere anytime. Assessments only, no exams. Online learning is the only course delivery mode for now. It comes with complimentary learning support as follows.
- Pre-recorded video instructions on the full course. A set of pre-recorded video clips of the same face to face training will be sent to students to watch anywhere anytime. English and Mandarin version is available. (Already included in your purchase)
Please note, almost all of our students can complete the course with the video support. if you require face to face, webinar, phone support on your course for more than 10 minutes, you may purchase add-ons in the course.
Length of the course
Face to face training, live video conference, and the pre-recorded video lasts for about 5 hours. On average, a student spends 20 hours to complete the assessments. (Extra self-study is needed depending on the student's ability and willingness to learn). It will then take 1 to 2 weeks to process and issue the Statement of Attainment. Application to NSW Fair Trading usually takes 2 more weeks to be processed.
Eligibility to enrol in the course
- Over 16 years of age,
- Language, literacy, numeracy,
- Basic skills in computer, typing, email,
Note there is NO requirement on your nationality, VISA status or location of your residence to enrol in the course.
Eligibility to apply to NSW Fair Trading
All applicants for a certificate of registration (Assistant Agent Certificate) must prove that they:
- are at least 16 years of age,
- are a fit and proper person to hold a certificate of registration,
- have the qualifications required for the type of certificate of registration for which they are applying, (Statement of Attainment issued by your training organisation)
- have not been disqualified.